Please note this role has been temporarily suspended due to a large number of applicants. However, if you would still be interested they are operating a waiting list and will contact you immediately on application.
Purpose of this role
To provide advice and information to family members, friends, prisoners and professionals by responding to incoming telephone calls. You will respond to queries by providing direct information, signposting to other relevant organisations and making referrals to Pact colleagues as well as other family support services such as Barnardos, Spurgeons and Nepacs. Below are a few examples of calls received on the helpline:
· Trying to find out which prison someone has been sent to
· Concerns regarding the wellbeing of a prisoner
· How to keep in contact with someone in prison
· How to send money to someone in prison
· What to do after someone has been arrested
· What support is available to someone after release from prison
What you will be doing
· Answering daily telephone calls, providing information and guidance
· Escalating any urgent/imminent safeguarding calls with the prison
· Making referrals and signposting to Pact colleagues and other external organisations
· Updating an Excel spreadsheet logging all calls taken
· Communicating with other colleagues on shift as well as Shift Supervisors
· Verbal & written communication skills
· Good I.T. literacy
· Can-do attitude
Genuine desire to help people
Please note: This role is being offered remotely so you will need to have access to a laptop/computer, a smart phone and internet connection. A quiet working environment is also required.
Register your interest
On these days:
Time commitment: We expect volunteers to commit to working a minimum of one shift per week, for a period of at least 6 months. The helpline is open 7 days a week, 9am-8pm Monday-Friday and 10am-3pm on weekends. The shifts we have available are as follows: Monday – Friday: 9am-1pm,1pm-5pm or 5pm-8pm Weekends: 10am-3pm (If you wish to work multiple shifts, please let us know)
To register your interest in this opportunity you need to login or register an account.