Telephone Assessor Role
To help provide an effective and efficient telephone advice service to members of the public.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Assessing clients\' issue(s) using sensitive listening and questioning skills.
• Identify key information about the problem including time limits, key dates and any requirement for urgent advice or action.
• Assess and agree the appropriate level of service, taking into consideration the client\'s ability to take the next step themselves, the complexity of the problem and the office\'s resources.
• Refer clients appropriately (both internally and externally) to suit clients\' needs following agreed protocols. This includes making arrangements and informing clients of what to expect.
• Record information and any discrete advice given during telephone call and record onto Casebook if necessary.
• Maintain confidentiality about clients and their contact with the office
You will need to be a good communicator, IT literate and work well both individually and in a team setting.
Register your interest
You will be redirected to the Voluntary & Community Action Sunderland website