Admin Support Volunteer
Centrepoint is the UKs leading charity for homeless young people. We have accommodation services in London, Bradford, Manchester, and the North East and support more than 9,000 homeless 16-25 year olds each year. Centrepoint realises that it takes more than just a bed to put an end to homelessness – so we work with each of our young people to ensure that they have access to education and training opportunities, become physically and mentally healthy and gain the essential life skills needed to escape homelessness for good.
This role will be based in our Foyle Street office as part of the Centrepoint Works team. Centrepoint Works is Centrepoint\'s training company. It puts young people\'s needs at the centre of training, helping them achieve their individual goals.
Centrepoint Works differs from existing employability programmes as it provides structured work experience and job opportunities for young people in the local area.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Filing and general administrative tasks
• Reception cover taking enquiries over the telephone and face to face and passing on to
appropriate team or staff member.
• Supporting the team with general day-to-day tasks and learner file maintenance.
• Updating spreadsheet data.
• Data entry
• Supporting administrator with compliance checks on delivery paperwork and learner
registration and certification.
• Note taking
• Supporting postal requiremants of the team
• Typing letters
• Liaison with assessors, employers and learners.
• Work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers
• Be responsive and accountable to the CP Works staff.
• Carry out tasks in line with data protection and confidentiality requirements.
• Observe and adhere to Centrepoint policies relevant to the team and be familiar with
emergency procedures in case of fire, serious accident or violence.
Volunteers should have a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills. If you have good admin skills, are able to communicate confidently with young people, other volunteers and staff, we would really like to hear from you.
Volunteers should be able to remain calm when involved with challenging situations and individuals. If you feel you could empathise with young people and the issues which they face, and show a commitment to demonstrating Centrepoint\'s values, please contact us for more information.
Register your interest
You will be redirected to the Voluntary & Community Action Sunderland website