We specialise in turning staff, residents and volunteers into effective Digital Champions. A Digital Champion is someone who helps others understand the benefits of being online and can spend some time showing them how.
If you have 2-3 hours to spare a week, then why not become a Digital Champions and help others do a range of simple things like:
- Teaching someone to use Google or a web browser
- Showing a beginner how to set up an email account
- Helping someone to use the internet to research and plan care
- Explaining computer terms and internet jargon
In return you’ll get:
- Opportunity to develop your own skills and knowledge about digital technology
- Free online training so you know better how to work with others and what sort of things you could teach them
- Chance to be part of a community of Champions who can help each other and share ideas
- Rewards and awards! You’ll receive a Certificate and an online Open Badge for each Digital Champion course you complete – you can put it on your CV and show others what you’ve done
- Immense satisfaction that you’ve made a difference to someone else
If you enjoy using digital technology for example, email and the internet then this opportunity is perfect for you.
All you need is to be:
- Free for 2-3 hours each week
- Good communicator
- Enjoy teaching people new skill
- Able to work with people on a one-to-one basis or perhaps in a small group
Full training will be provided through certified online training.
Register your interest
You will be redirected to the Mid Sussex Voluntary Action website