Why get involved with the
Royal British Legion?
As a Royal British Legion volunteer, you’ll be joining the UK's leading Armed Forces charity, the heart of a national network that supports our Armed Forces community through thick and thin – ensuring their unique contribution is never forgotten.
How will I make a difference as a Poppy Appeal Organiser?
As an individual or a representative of a group, club, or business you will coordinate the Poppy Appeal within your local area. You will make a difference by raising vital funds to help support the Armed Forces Community and their families. You’ll also help raise awareness, helping people find out more about what the Legion does and how they can support.
What will I be doing as a Volunteer Poppy Appeal Organiser?
• Be a point of contact for, publicise, promote and organise the Poppy Appeal in your area supported by your Community Fundraiser (CFR) or Fundraising Relationship Assistant (FRA).
• Promote and fundraise throughout the year by placing ‘all year round’ collection tins and attending events.
• Develop links within your local community, including with business, youth, and community groups to raise awareness and funds.
• Order (through the Poppy Appeal Organiser Online Ordering Portal), store and distribute poppies and other fundraising items for the appeal.
• Take responsibility for recruiting, supporting, and deploying a network of fellow volunteer Poppy Appeal Collectors to help you.
• Safeguard and accurately account for all monies taken during collections, banking promptly and providing accurate records.
• With the support of the CFR/FRA carry out an annual review of your Poppy Appeal.
• Keep up to date with and implement changes to polices or procedures related to the role.
Time commitment: It’s an all-year round volunteer role, with opportunities to fundraise and raise awareness throughout. The busiest period is the annual Poppy Appeal, it takes place over the two weeks leading up to Remembrance Sunday, and that’s when it’s hoped you can give a regular amount of time both preceding and following it.
The amount of time will vary dependent on the size of your local area and will be discussed with the CFR during your ‘get to know you’ interview for the role.
You will be someone that is committed to and passionate about the Legion’s vision and values and you’ll enjoy the challenge of volunteering in a community fundraising role.
• Experience in planning and coordinating resources and people.
• Ability to build long lasting relationships with individuals and groups.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• A good level of proficiency in using information technology, including use of email, websites and being able to access and use documents online.
• Excellent time management.
• An ability to volunteer independently but also as part of and when leading a team.
• A commitment to acting in line with Legion policies and procedures.Register your interest
On these days:
The Poppy Appeal Organiser would operate in the Hornchurch area fundraising for 2 weeks across the Poppy Appeal. You may need to travel within your local area for events and fundraising opportunities.
To register your interest in this opportunity you need to login or register an account.