Hampshire & IOW Air Ambulance (HIOWAA) are lucky enough to be invited to talk to lots of groups within the county. These talks help us raise the profile of HIOWAA and therefore increase the amount of donations received.
We are looking for Public Speaker Volunteers who could talk at a huge variety of groups, from Cubs and Brownies, to WI's and Over 60's groups, so each talk will be a unique experience.
What will I be doing?
- Talking to groups, promoting the charity and the work we do.
- Answering questions the group may have.
- Collecting donations and speakers fees.
- Persuading groups to have HIOWAA as their Charity of the Year.
- Recruiting other individuals to join the HIOWAA team.
How much time do I need to commit?
We fit ourselves around you. The talks are booked through head office, and the Volunteer Co-ordinator will send you the talk schedule on a regular basis. You let us know which talks you can do.
Who will I report to?
You will be working with, and reporting to, the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
What support will I be given?
- Full training on all aspects of this role, including shadowing other speakers until you are fully trained.
- Appropriate materials to assist with your talks e.g. visual aids, leaflets.
- Regular updates on fresh information.
- A dedicated Volunteer Co-ordinator will be available to give you support, advice and guidance.
- A HIOWAA volunteer ID badge.
How do I apply?
You can apply directly online at their website here: www.hiowaa.org/get-involved/volunteering/application-form or get in touch with the Volunteer Co-ordinator on 02380 333377 or e-mail: email@example.com
Ideally, the volunteer should have access to transport or to use their own vehicle as talks will take place at different venues within your local area.
The talks are booked through head office, and the Volunteer Co-ordinator will send you the talk schedule on a regular basis.
You would let us know which talks you can do.
Volunteer should be aged 18 or over.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Able to talk in public.
- Good organisational and planning skills
You will be redirected to the Gosport Voluntary Action website
Between these dates: 18/12/2013 - 07/06/2019
On these days:
HARBOUR CANCER SUPPORT CENTRE