In December 2018, this position is available at the following libraries:
Braintree, Chipping Ongar, Mark Hall and Wickford
What is the role about?
This role involves supporting small groups of learners with basic computer and internet skills. Many will be taking their first steps using a computer. You'll be responsible for building the learners' skills to give them the confidence to operate a computer, use the internet effectively and safely, and manage an email account.
What will it involve?
Using the courses and tools provided by the UK Online Centres at www.learnmyway.com you will:
• guide learners through the sign-up process for the course
• assist learners to choose the course modules that fit their existing skill level and individual goals.
• help learners set up their email accounts, where required.
• help learners progress through the selected modules.
• ensure that all required documentation is completed.
• make sure that learners are aware of further self-study modules and other
learning opportunities as appropriate.
What will you get from volunteering?
• the pleasure of using your IT skills to help others
• experience and skills to enhance your CV
• information technology skills, particularly using the internet
• good communication and people skills
• awareness of keeping safe onlineRegister your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 31/08/2016 - 05/11/2019
On these days:
This opportunity is available countywide.