In September 2019, this position is available at the following libraries:
Colchester, Harlow and Harwich
What is the role about?
This role involves supporting small groups of learners with basic computer and internet skills. Many will be taking their first steps using a computer. You'll be responsible for building the learners' skills to give them the confidence to operate a computer, use the internet effectively and safely, and manage an email account.
What will it involve?
Using the courses and tools provided by the UK Online Centres at www.learnmyway.com you will:
• guide learners through the sign-up process for the course
• assist learners to choose the course modules that fit their existing skill level and individual goals.
• help learners set up their email accounts, where required.
• help learners progress through the selected modules.
• ensure that all required documentation is completed.
• make sure that learners are aware of further self-study modules and other
learning opportunities as appropriate.
What will you get from volunteering?
• the pleasure of using your IT skills to help others
• experience and skills to enhance your CV
• information technology skills, particularly using the internet
• good communication and people skills
• awareness of keeping safe onlineRegister your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 31/08/2016 - 06/12/2019
On these days:
Voluntary Action Epping Forest