In September 2019, volunteers are needed at these libraries:
Basildon, Brightlingsea, Clacton, Great Parndon Harwich, Loughton, Mark Hall, Tye Green and Vange
What is the role about?
You will be helping library customers who need some support to use either the computers in the library or their own devices connected through our free Wi-Fi service. This might be through regular sessions, or specific IT surgery events helping people get the most out of their own devices.
What will it involve?
• helping customers resolve difficulties in booking procedures, logging on or connecting their own devices
• giving information on how to use common computer programs (e.g. Word, web browser and e-mail)
• helping customers to understand and use their devices more confidently and effectively
• guiding customers in using the library catalogue and website
• helping customers to use online reference tools
• helping customers complete specific tasks e.g. completing an application form, printing online tickets
• referring wider customer queries to library staff as necessary
What will you get from volunteering?
• the pleasure of using your IT skills to help others
• experience and skills to enhance your CV
• opportunity to meet people and get involved in your local community
information technology skills, particularly using the internet
• good communication and people skills
• awareness of keeping safe onlineRegister your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 31/08/2016 - 09/10/2019
On these days:
Basildon Billericay and Wickford
Tendring Community Transport
Chelmsford Volunteering Centre