Volunteer mentors will support Nacro and Probation staff to transit newly released prisoners back into the community and provide ongoing post-release support. Duties could include:
- Meeting your mentee upon release from prison
- Providing mentees with support to return to arranged accommodation
- Escorting your mentee to relevant appointments
- Supporting with the delivery of group work sessions
Volunteer mentors will also have the opportunity to build a positive relationship with their mentees pre release and to gain experience working alongside Nacro's Reducing Reoffending Workers, Community Rehabilitation Companies (CRC's) and the National Probation Service (NPS).
- Excellent listening skills
- Awareness of boundaries
- Confidence in liaising with stakeholders
- The ability to build rapport with service users
- Communication skills (to liaise with clients and also report all information back to staff)
Experience of working with ex-offenders is desirable but not essential.
All expenses will be paid and full training provided.
DBS check requiredRegister your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 20/03/2018 - 24/03/2021
On these days: