We are looking for a volunteer to promote our services and highlight our presence in local communities as well as raising awareness of dementia and providing dementia related information
The role of the volunteer can include (depending on local needs, personal skills and experience):
• Promoting the services of Alzheimer's Society locally in a wide range of ways, from the distribution of leaflets, booklets and posters, liaising with the media, through websites and social networking and by attending local groups, gatherings and community events
• Maintaining accurate and timely records of activities carried out
• Liaising with local colleagues and seeking support from the Society's communications specialists around any media activity
The impact you'll make..
Your involvement will ensure that information about our services is highly visible and readily available to those who need us.
This role will suit you if you..
• Are confident and enthusiastic
• Have good verbal communication skills, by telephone and face to face
• Know about, or are willing to learn about, dementia and its impact on peopleRegister your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 30/07/2018 - 30/07/2019
On these days:
Barnardo's Children's Centre (Colchester)
Alzheimers Society - Essex