Overview: An opportunity to gain valuable experience for a career in conservation by completing both on-the-job and formal training in habitat management with further opportunities to get involved with visitor centre management and environmental education, depending on the interests of the candidate. The successful applicant will have the chance to assist with practical management tasks, manage other volunteers, help in the visitor centre and assist with the planning and delivery of environmental education.
What could I be doing?
• Assist with a wide range of habitat management tasks.
• Assist with the delivery of environmental education events.
• Contribute to ecological survey work.
• Help monitor and maintain site infrastructure.
• Lead volunteer work parties on practical tasks.
• Undertake any other duties which are commensurate with the role.
• Being a friendly and professional while representing Essex Wildlife Trust
Enthusiasm and passion for the environment and conservation & some understanding of ecology/conservation/land management.
• Enjoy working outdoors.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new things.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Facebook and general use of the internet.Register your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 29/01/2018 - 29/01/2019
On these days:
Thameside Nature Park
Mucking Wharf Road