MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE ROLE
• To maximise the use of social media channels to promote the work of Basildon, Billericay & Wickford Council for Voluntary Services and Volunteer Centre.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports To: Volunteer Centre Co-ordinator
Responsible For: No Line Management Responsibility
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• To develop a dynamic and vibrant social media profile for the organisation.
• To work with staff to schedule posts to Facebook & Twitter using appropriate software.
• To identify ways to increase the impact of social media for the organisation.
• To monitor feedback via social media and highlight any issues to relevant staff.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to use appropriate software (link shorteners, Hootsuite etc) to post information to social media sites such as Facebook & Twitter.
Markting or PR experience would be desirable but is not essential.
Good level of knowledge about the social media environment.
Commitment to volunteer on a regular and ongoing basis.
Able to work effectively as part of a team
Self-motivatedRegister your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 20/03/2018 - 20/03/2019
On these days:
Basildon Billericay and Wickford