Are you great with children? Do you love the outdoors?
We are seeking Education Leaders to help deliver the Trust's educational programmes. Our leaders have as much fun as the children!
Role Purpose: To support the Education Officer in the efficient running of independent education events, ensuring a high quality and engaging education experience.
• Ideally volunteering for one day a week.
• Supervising education events.
• Please note this role may be subject to a full DBS check.
Responsibility Areas and Key Activities:
• Ensure visiting groups receive a high quality welcome.
• Preparing for groups including setting up rooms and preparing materials.
• Assist in planning the education activities as required.
• Running events independently and supervising children.
Absolutely no wildlife knowledge is required but enthusiasm is essential, all the work you do in the centres will help contribute to our on the ground conservation work.
In return you will receive training; which may include food hygiene, wildlife courses and first aid depending on the role. Logo uniform, travel expenses and the chance to work with a friendly and professional team of volunteers and staff.
Please note that this role is not currently available in the Southend area.
All training will be provided but the volunteer should be great with children!Register your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 07/10/2016 - 07/10/2019
On these days:
This opportunity is available countywide.
Essex Wildlife Trust - Colchester