St Clare Hospice shops rely on the generosity of the public to donate goods for us to sell. The majority of our shops don’t have a lot of space to store donated stock, so our distribution centre is a vital resource to enable us to keep more stock, get the right items out to the most suitable store, and to sell items (such as furniture) directly from the centre.
We need people to assist identifying items that will sell via our eBay site as well as review sorted donations that may be suitable for selling via eBay, this would include researching the item to get a full description/history behind the item as well as estimate a price for the eBay team. This role may involve sorting donated goods prior to researching items details and cost.
The role will also involve providing an excellent level of customer service to people who come into the centre, and be able to answer any questions and queries.
• Good at working as part of a team, strong communication skills gets on well with others, happy to help and support other team members.
• Strong computer skills, explorer, Microsoft Excel etc.
• Ability to use a phone and apps with ease.
• Able to work independently when the role requires.
• Independent decision making skills to assess saleability of donated items.
• Willing to sort through donations when needed.
• Physically able to lift bags of donated goods eg from the floor to a table.
• Adaptable to change – willing to help with whatever needs doing in the best interests of the Centre.
• Willing to learn and follow guidance / processes.
• Will take the initiative and find things that need doing during quieter periods.
• Hard working.
• Polite and helpful when interacting with customers.
• No prior
retail experience is required.
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
On these days:
St Clare Distribution Centre,
Unit 9&10 The Links Business Centre,
Essex Respite and Care Association