St Clare Hospice is a local charity and each year we care for hundreds of people across West Essex and the East Hertfordshire border. We provide free, compassionate care and support to adults with life-limiting illnesses, their families and carers.
St Clare Hospice shops rely on the generosity of the public to donate goods for us to sell. The majority of our shops don’t have a lot of space to store donated stock, so our distribution centre is a vital resource to enable us to keep more stock, get the right items out to the most suitable store, and to sell items (such as furniture) directly from the centre.
You can make a real difference by supporting us to make the centre a success and to maximise our income. In turn you will help ensure St Clare can continue being there for local families facing one of the most difficult journeys in life.
What will you be doing?
1. Sorting donated items
2. Accepting donations and processing Gift Aid.
3. Merchandising - promoting the sale of goods through their presentation.
4. Providing great customer service
5 . Serving customers at the till
6. Keeping the centre clean and tidy
7. Any other duties requested by the manager / shift leader.
The skills / experience / personal qualities you will need:
• Polite and helpful at all times when interacting with customers and colleagues.
• Good at working as part of a team: gets on well with others, happy to help and support other team members.
• Also able to work independently when the role requires.
• Adaptable to change – willing to help with whatever needs doing in the best interests of the shop.
• Willing to learn and follow guidance / processes.
• Will take the initiative and find things that need doing during quieter periods.
• Hard working.
• No prior
experience is required.
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
On these days:
St Clare Distribution Centre Unit 9&10 the Links