This opportunity is available in the following libraries:
Saffron Walden only
Our fun-packed rhyme and story sessions take place in libraries during school term-times. Everyone joins in with singing rhymes and doing the actions, and afterwards families stay to chat, join the library and to choose books to take home.
As a volunteer at baby and toddler rhyme times, you will deliver rhyme sessions, and support the development of children by sharing your enjoyment of books and rhymes.
What will it involve?
• Preparing the children's library for the session - putting out chairs and selecting stories and rhymes
• Meeting and greeting the parents/carers and children and making everyone feel welcome
• Encouraging parents to join in with their child
• Joining in or delivering the session and building a good rapport with the group
• Chatting with families about the benefits of early book sharing and the importance of talking and singing rhymes with their children
• Directing specific enquiries to library staff
• Clearing the area once the session ends
• Warmth and friendliness
• Able to relate to children and their families
• Practical and 'hands on'
• Able to work on own initiative
• Comfortable singing in public (but no voice skills needed)
• Enthusiasm to promote sharing books and reading with families
• An enthusiasm for libraries and awareness of the range of services offeredRegister your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 27/09/2019 - 20/12/2019
On these days: