What is the CreatorSpace?
A flexible, open and friendly community space to meet, design and create.
What is in it?
Libraries have always been places for people to learn and create; the CreatorSpace is a physical extension of that idea. Specialized equipment such as a 3D printer, Raspberry Pi kits, robotics, sewing machines, paper craft and embroidery machines are provided in this DIY space where people can gather to collaborate and innovate with new technologies. A TV screen and projector allows for presentations or workshops.
What is the role?
Volunteering in the CreatorSpace involves learning, teaching and helping others to create and understand; building from the existing provision towards a vibrant, exciting digital making and craft space.
What will it involve?
Working alongside staff and other volunteers:
• supervising individual and group use of the Creator Space
• assisting users
• demonstrating and troubleshooting equipment
• gathering ideas and suggestions for future use of the space from users and
• helping with events
What will you get from volunteering?
• satisfaction of sharing your enthusiasm for digital and craft technologies with a
new generation of creators
• access to developing technologies and equipment
• meeting people and making new friends
• satisfaction of using your skills and experience to give something to the
• opportunity to enhance your CV
What skills and experience do you need?
• good communication and people skills
• base knowledge of digital or craft technologies or both
• an interest in the digital making world
• experience with coding (desirable but not essential)Register your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 10/12/2017 - 12/06/2019
On these days:
Basildon Billericay and Wickford