The Conservation Cabin is a unique fundraising retail outlet situated in the middle of the animal park, opposite the red pandas and by the Big Cats. It is manned exclusively by volunteers, with all profits going to support conservation projects ranging from endangered species and habitats to native British wildlife.
The role involves:
• A full range of retail activities, including arranging displays, serving customers, pricing and restocking, and cash management
• Engaging with customers to explain our fundraising purpose, conservation objectives and achievements to date
• Acting as an information point for visitors needing directions or assistance
• Helping to ensure all visitors have a most enjoyable day
• Optionally, Conservation Team Volunteers have the opportunity to attend and assist at a range of special events organised throughout the year to raise awareness of, and funds for, specific conservation projects
• All Conservation Team Volunteers are
welcome to attend the monthly team meetings and contribute to the running of
Good communication skills are necessary for this role, as is a calm and efficient manner. You should enjoy engaging with and helping people, have good inter-personal skills, and be confident and accurate in handling money.
A love of being outdoors is helpful,
as the Cabin comprises of both an indoor and outdoor area, so we can be outside
in less than perfect weather!
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
On these days:
White Stubbs Lane