This is an exciting opportunity to help us run our coffee shop at the London Cruise Terminal in Tilbury. You will be engaging with passengers, crew and staff, serving them light refreshments (including alcohol) and souvenirs. It can be a busy environment and you will encounter people from all over the world.
The coffee shop is a charitable venture and the proceeds support the operation of the Seafarers’ Centre in the Port of Tilbury which is managed by the Queen Victoria Seamen’s Rest. QVSR is a charity established in 1843 to look after the welfare of seafarers visiting the Port of London. Over 8,500 seafarers visit the centre at Tilbury each year; they man the container ships which bring 95% of all our everyday goods (e.g. food, clothes, electrical items, cars) to our island nation, and will often have been away at sea for up to 9 months with no contact with family and friends. At the seafarers’ centre we aim to provide them with a welcoming environment where they can relax, catch up with family and friends via the internet and enjoy a game of pool, table tennis or basketball.
· Enthusiasm and passion for engaging with people and helping others.
· Compassionate concern for the well-being of others.
· Flexible approach.
· Culturally aware with the ability to relate easily to many different cultures, faiths, ages, and needs.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to use own initiative and to work as part of a team.Register your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 23/04/2019 - 31/12/2020
On these days: