In January 2019 the following libraries are looking for a Code Club volunteer.
Basildon, Colchester, Harlow, Rayleigh, Saffron Walden, Sible Hedingham and Witham
Code Club leads a community of volunteers who share their passion for digital making with children and teachers across the UK.
Code Club creates resources aimed at children aged 9-11 for volunteers to use in weekly Code Clubs in their local area.
What will it involve?
• Helping with a Code Club session in a local library
• Guiding or helping to guide groups of 10-15 children through projects (games,
animations and websites) using material provided by Code Club
• Collaborating with your supervisor and / or the Club Host to make sure the
club runs smoothly
What will you get from volunteering?
• You'll play a key part in helping children gain skills that are useful to them -
not only learning to program, but also learning about computational thinking,
problem solving, planning, designing and collaboration
• Lots of transferable skills that will look great on your CV
• If you're new to coding, running a Code Club is a fun and practical way to
develop your coding skills
Confidence with computers. You don't have to be a coding genius - most
clubs start with simple programs like Scratch - but you need to be willing to
The patience, enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to communicate the joy of
digital making to a group of around 10-15 children each week.Register your interest
You will be redirected to the Volunteer Essex website
Between these dates: 31/08/2016 - 05/11/2019
On these days:
This opportunity is available countywide.