The IT Mentor role involves working with a client on the Work Positive Programme (THT’s employability programme for people living with HIV) in on a one-to-one, face-to-face basis to assess IT needs and support the client to improve their IT skills accordingly.
The Type of Tasks / Activities you could be involved with:
• To deliver one-to-one IT support face-to-face with a client on the Work Positive programme
• To develop IT goals and plans to guide your sessions
• Motivating the client to develop their IT skills and apply them in their personal and professional life
• To support a client with employment related IT skills such as email (MS Outlook), word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheets (MS Excel)
• To encourage the client to complete online IT courses
• To identify local IT skills courses to signpost clients towards
• Showing them how to use the internet to find employment/ volunteering opportunities
This opportunity is available in both East and West Sussex (inc Brighton, Hove and Worthing).
Desirable Skills / Experience Sought:
• Good working knowledge of MS Office and social media
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of setting goals and creating action plans
• Experience of supporting clients on a one-to-one basis
• A commitment to setting and maintaining appropriate personal and professional boundaries
• An understanding of HIV and related issues
• Ability to maintain confidentialityRegister your interest
You will be redirected to the Community Works website
Between these dates: 02/09/2019 - 31/07/2020
On these days:
This opportunity is available countywide.
Brighton and Hove's House Sparrows Project
Terrence Higgins Trust (Brighton)