We are looking for volunteers to support the Compass Disability Register and Compass Card scheme, which provides discounts at 300 leisure venues in Brighton and Hove and West Sussex to over 4,000 families with children and young people with special education needs and disabilities. Tasks include:
• Helping with mail-outs, folding and stapling literature, stuffing envelopes, labelling envelopes, franking post etc. All intended to raise awareness of the Compass service and to increase registrations
• Distributing prizes to families participating in some of our promotional prize draws
• Making contact with some families, for example to remind them to return their registration forms to us or to ask about their experiences of using the Compass Card
• Occasional help with data entry onto the Charity Log database, e.g. updating Compass Card Partner details and contacting relevant people to check information
• Other tasks as identified from time to time.
• Have a good understanding of the importance of confidentiality and of data protection.
• Be skilled at listening and communicating with a wide range of people and feel comfortable on the phone as well as face-to-face. Have a non-judgemental attitude.
• Have strengths in reading, understanding information and writing clearly.
• Experience of using MS Excel and Word, office equipment such as printers and photocopiers and office systems is desirable
• Be able to make a regular (ideally weekly) time commitment at the Amaze office.
Register your interest
You will be redirected to the Community Works website
On these days:
113 Queens Road
Brighton & Hove Wood Recycling Project