Carers Group - Co-Facilitator: (Learning Difficulties - Shoreham)
Working alongside the Support Worker, to provide a confidential space for carers to meet on a regular basis to off-load and get information and support. A number of our groups are generic carer groups, others are for specific conditions: i.e. mental health, dementia, parent carer, learning disabilities etc. :
- Providing active listening, response, reassurance and personalised support to enable carers to share emotions to reduce stress and feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Identifying carer needs.
- Signposting carers to our countywide Response Line for further support and onward referrals to the appropriate service and/or feeding back to the specialist support worker for further action to be taken on a 1:1 basis.
Practical tasks may be required at some groups: i.e. setting up the room and tea & coffee making duties.
Register your interest
- Active listening,
- Excellent & effective communication.
- An insight into issues carers face on a daily basis.
- A personal or professional insight into supporting an adult with a learning difficulty (desired but not essential)
- An empathetic caring approach when engaging with others.
- To be non-judgemental and be able to maintain personal boundaries.
- Encouraging and promoting carer health and well-being.
You will be redirected to the Community Works website